Happy birthday to me! I am celebrating my 27th birthday on the 27th, and I recently learned that means it’s my golden birthday. So in true me form, I designed a birthday flyer with the Golden Girls on it. Because I like to design things. And Golden Girls. Being on this very earth for 27 years, I like to think I’ve learned a thing or two. So bear with me as I share my knowins. 🙂
1. Life is a perpetual form of beta. Just when you think it’s going good, a glitch appears.
2. Lactose intolerance is a thing for me and I should admit it and stop eating cheese.
3. Life costs money. A lot of it. For no reason at all.
4. Shout wipes are God’s way of saying He knows who I am, and loves me anyways. Tide pens are the opposite.
5. Sometimes you have to crowdsource the 27 things you know. Thanks friends.
6. The end of a Netflix/Hulu Plus/HBO Now/Amazon show marathon is not the end of the world. There’s always another obscure show around the corner.
7. 27 is a very large number of things to know. I’m not sure how this is going to happen.
8. You should always work towards having a special talent. My current endeavor includes eating goldfish off of my shoulder. (And ventriloquism.)
9. Never be ashamed to ask for help. Even if it’s just how to spell “ventriloquism”.
10. Always locate the adult as soon as you enter the room, just in case if you falter in your adulting and need to ask for help.
11. Keep people in your circle that make you cry laughing. Good for your abs.
12. Don’t keep people in your circle that make you do burpees. You don’t need that kind of negative energy in your life. I don’t care what they do for my abs.
13. Be secure in your food dislikes. No one can make you like tamales if you don’t want to. Even if you live in Texas.
14. RubyWoo does no woman wrong. No matter what your hue, that’s the perfect red lipstick for you.
15. It is more than appropriate to think “TL;DR” when you see people’s social media think pieces on whatever current event of the week. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
16. Maybe selfie sticks aren’t so bad after all. Selfies aren’t bad….they are an efficient way of QCing your visual masterpieces.
17. I don’t know nothing, Jesus. And I’m okay with admitting that.
18. Beyoncé is an icon. AN ICON.
19. Some people aren’t meant to be in your life for a lifetime. Don’t hold that against them, though. Just be sure to cherish the moments, learn your lesson and let go with no ill will or feeling when it’s time for you to part ways.
20. Fear of missing out is a serious thing. Especially in today’s information age. Take a deep breath and do what you can, while you can, until you can’t.
21. When you aren’t doing what you love to do, it can be an consuming empty feeling. And that sucks. So find a way to do what you love. Unless if it’s heroin. Don’t do drugs, kids.
22. To whom much is given, much is required. There are few better feelings than knowing you helped make the world a better place.
23. Naps are to be cherished and taken whenever possible.
24. Sometimes you need to cry, sometimes you need to dance (like no one’s watching). Don’t feel bad for doing what you need to do for your personal wellness.
25. Save some money for something cool at some point.
26. Make a point to be aware of the world around you. It makes you look like a functional adult, plus you just need to know.
27. Live your life like it’s golden. I mean it.
If anything, this blog post taught me I know a little but I have a lifetime to learn a lot. I hope you enjoyed this. Drop a piece of advice for me in the comments for my birthday!